How To Select The Right AOP System
Confused by Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP) systems? This guide will help you select the best AOP Sanitizer System for your customers.
One of the fastest-growing areas of interest has been Advanced Oxidation Systems. For pure oxidation potential, AOP is the most powerful option on the market. It works faster than any single system and can be more effective than chlorine, UV-C and even ozone.
Most of us are still learning how these products work and more options are available than ever before. How do you identify the right system? Below are some areas to focus on that will help you decide.
IS IT EFFECTIVE?
There are a few recognized ways to generate AOP. Studies show it can even happen naturally, but this is impossible to control. Techniques that are measurable and quantifiable offer the best option. By verifying output, these systems can also receive third-party validation.
– Creating hydroxyls with ozone and UV is the most measurable way to produce AOP. We know exactly how much ozone is made and the power of the bulb.
– Ozone generated by true corona discharge and a separate UV-C bulb produces more ozone & hydroxyl radicals.
– Third-party validation is important. The NSF provides comprehensive inspection, testing – including microbial disinfection efficacy testing – that helps ensure a product is in compliance.
– The best systems are NSF-50 certified for a microbial kill, telling you what type and how fast microbes are destroyed. There are many levels and categories of NSF-50 certification. Look for systems certified specifically for their sanitizing power.
HOW HARD IS IT TO INSTALL AND OPERATE?
A system may work “in theory,” but application also matters. Setup should be easy to install and simple to service. Ozone and UV require maintenance to operate at peak efficiency. The best systems show the system status at all times.
– Effective AOP systems are completely self-contained and easy to install or service. An all-in-one design simplifies the overall process and makes it less complicated to install.
– A status or feedback system lets you know it’s working. It’s always checking for active system operation and alerting you when it’s time to maintain the unit.
– Systems with separate external injectors can be difficult to install. More plumbing is involved and care must be taken to control back pressures and sidestreams. A system with one port in, one port out helps speed up installation and reduce errors.
HOW MUCH WATER DOES IT TREAT?
Many systems use separate external injectors to integrate with the plumbing. This is very effective for ozone, but not the best option for AOP. Hydroxyl radicals act so fast, they need to get in the full flow of water as quickly as possible. Full flow AOP units have integrated injectors that promote a full flow plumbing design. 100% of the water travels through the system and is treated by hydroxyl radicals. Full flow systems have fewer parts and are streamlined for a quick and efficient setup.
DEL AOP 40: THE NEXT GENERATION OF AOP
CMP is introducing a better option with an upgraded design engineered from pool professional requests for a better AOP system. This service-friendly sanitizer is NSF-50 Certified as a supplemental sanitizer and treats pools up to 40,000 gallons. Features include an all-in-one, flow-through plumbing design and new Sanitizer Smart Status™ system that constantly checks for proper operation of critical systems including ozone, UV and power.
Find out more about the DEL AOP 40 by completing the form below.
THE ADVANTAGES OF ADVANCED SANITIZERS
A Complete Modern Pool® uses an advanced sanitizer with a residual sanitizer (chlorine/bromine) to remain clean, clear and safe. DEL Advanced Sanitizers working alongside a chlorine or bromine residual address concerns over common pool water sanitation issues including biofilm, chloramines, and harmful microorganisms like Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E.coli., and other bacteria.
Per the Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools, hot tubs or spas, and water playgrounds should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” Learn more about healthy water here on the CDC website.
Complete the form below to get more info on the DEL AOP 40.
A Complete Modern Pool® uses an advanced sanitizer with a residual sanitizer to remain clean, clear and safe.
Check out all CMP Pool Sanitizer products.